SUTTON BY DOVER PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting held in Studdal Church Hall on Tues 6th September at 7.30 pm.
1. Present and apologies for absence:
Parish Councillors: Simon Butcher (Chairman)
Graeme Akhurst (Vice-chairman)
Kent County Councillor: Steve Manion
Dover District Councillor: Nick Kenton
Parish Clerk: Veronica Harrop
Apologies for absence: Ron Little
Members of the public: Barbara Odell
2. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting (5th July 2011): Simon proposed, seconded
by Sarah and all approved.
3. Declarations of interest: None
4. Matters arising: The refusal from DDC Planning of a ‘Certificate of Lawfulness’ for
the use of land and barn storage of motor vehicles on: Land South of Manor Farm,
Little Mongeham. Graeme to look into this result.
5. Visitors: Barbara said that as Ray had been unwell he would be unable to attend to the
Memorial Garden at the present but hope to resume this when recovered.
Steve Manion said that the results of the ‘Site Allocation’ document (which was
replied to by SPC in December 2010) would be presented in the spring 2012.
Nick said that new waste bins would be distributed to households within the next
few weeks. Residents who do not have room for bins will be give refuse bags. KCC
are paying for most of the cost of the bins and local tax payers will not have to pay
towards the cost.
6. Playing Field: A nomination was sent in and accepted as a nomination to The Queen
Elizabeth 2 playing field association. The playing field still has to be accepted as a
QE2 playing field. To enable funding to be made available for new play equipment
by the association voting online by parish residents needs to be completed. In order to
make residents aware of this a notice will be published in the Rural Roundup magazine
and flyers distributed to local households.
7. Vfast: As the grant money from KCC is now running out Vfast have been told not to
install any more broadband net work at cost to the parish. HMRC have been contacted
in respect of vat money that has been claimed by the Parish Council which may need to
be returned to them. The letter sent to HMRC was prepared by Graeme. Graham
proposed seconded by Simon and all councillors agreed on Graeme’s action.
8. Local Planning: None
9. Finance: Cheques were signed by Hugh and Graeme.
Clerks expenses 99.65 (2xmths.exp.+food & 2 storage boxes)
Clerks wages 473.92 (2xmonths wages)
Evergreen 341.92 (July-cut grass PF. Jacks Bush & BMX track)
Evergreen 536.35 (Aug-cut grass PF. Jacks bush & BMX track)
(includes repair of Memorial bench)
Ron Little 116.10 (Gifts bought for July meeting)
CPRE 29.00 (Campaign to protect Rural England-subs)
Signing of the cheques was proposed by Hugh, seconded by Simon and all agreed.
10. Allotments, Memorial Garden, Playing field and BMX track:
The overhanging ivy tree above the grit box at Jacks bush to be looked at in view of
cutting it back.
11. Any other business/matters to discuss:
Waiting to hear from DDC on whether we shall receive 1 ton of free salt for the roads.
The allocation of new salt bins for the parish is yet to be decided.
The Parish Councillors sent Ray their Best Wishes and that he recovers soon.
12. Date of next meeting: 4th October 2011. Meeting finished at 9.15pm.