SUTTON BY DOVER PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held in Studdal Church Hall on Tuesday 3rd July 2012
1. Present and apologies for absence:
Graeme Akhurst (Vice-Chairman)
Kent County Councillor: Steve Manion
Dover District Councillor: Nick Kenton
Parish Clerk: Veronica Harrop
Apologies for absence: Simon Butcher (Chairman)
Members of the public: Mrs B. Merriman, Mrs C. Inglin, Mr B. Winters, Mrs T, Case-
Duncan, Mrs C. Richardson, Mr C. Stokes, Mrs B. Odell, Mrs P. Burton, Mr C,
Alldridge, Mr C. Hogben, Mr D. Vickers, Mrs L. Pasco, Mr C. White.
In the absence of the Chairman, Mr Graeme Akhurst (Vice-Chairman), chaired the meeting.
2. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting: The minutes of Tuesday 12th June with
some minor alterations were proposed to be accepted by Graham, seconded by Carolyn
and all councillors approved the resolution to accept the minutes as amended with the
exception of Graeme who was not present at the meeting and who abstained.
3. Declarations of interest: None
4. Matters arising:
5. Visitors: Steve Manion said that the ‘Little Mongeham’ sign was in progress.
Nick Kenton informed the meeting that enforcement on environmental health would
prevail, with ‘fixed on the spot’ fines for dog fowling and littering.
6. Correspondence: Letter read by Graeme Akhurst.
The Reverend Cathy Sigrist sent a letter thanking the Parish Council for the
donation of £80 towards the burial ground at St Peter & St Pauls Church at Sutton.
7. Parish website: to be put on Septembers Agenda.
8. Electronic Planning: Councillors agreed that the electronic planning was working at
the present but its future progress will be monitored.
9. Discuss donations to Neighbourhood Watch: Ron suggested that a small sum of
money was donated to Neighbourhood Watch. Graeme asked if more information
on the financing of NW. could be presented at a subsequent parish meeting so that it
could be discussed then. Ron is the only coordinator delivering NW magazines in the
parish and would be pleased to hear from anyone interested in helping him.
Clerks wages 236.96 (1xmonths wage)
Clerks expenses 20.00 (1xmonths expenses)
Evergreen 371.25 (PF grass cutting & repair to notice board)
Mc Cabe Ford Williams 180.00 (Yearly payment for managing Clerks wages)
Graham proposed, seconded by Graeme and all councillors agreed on the signing of the
cheques. Cheques were signed by Graeme and Graham.
DOV/12/00490 – The Gables, Downs Road, East Studdal, Dover.
Proposal: Erection of a single storey side extension to form an annex accommodation.
Carolyn proposed, Ron seconded a motion to fully support the application. All
Councillors voted in favour.
DOV/12/00488 – The Yews, Forge Lane, Sutton, Dover.
Proposal: Erection of a single storey rear extension.
Graeme proposed, Carolyn seconded a motion to fully support the application. All
Councillors voted in favour.
12. Fields in Trust: Carolyn suggested that money obtained from ‘Fields in Trust’ funding
could be spent on the children’s play area in the Playing Field. The funding has yet to
13. Allotments, Memorial Garden, Playing Field and BMX track:
Kingstone Tree Care: Kingstone Tree Care are to be asked if they would trim back the
trees in the Playing Field further.
Land in front of ‘Three Horse Shoes’ pub: Carolyn to obtain a copy of the Land
Register for the ‘Three Horse Shoes’ to ascertain who owns the triangular grass area
in front of it.
Memorial Garden: Ray Odell has retired from attending to the Memorial Gds.
Barbara Odell was asked to convey the Parish Councils gratitude to Ray for keeping
the MG so tidy in the past and their best wishes.
Colin Stokes will continue to attend to the MG as he has made good work of it.
14. Any other business/ matters to discuss: None
15. Date of next meeting: 4th September 2012. Meeting finished at 8.44pm.